- 1 stick of Butter melted
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Diced
- 1 bottle (46 Oz.) Tomato Juice
- 2 cans (14 Oz. Cans) Diced Tomatoes (I used a basil and garlic variation by Hunts)
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 Heaping Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- Black Pepper To Taste
- 1 cup Cooking Sherry
- 1-1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Parsley (recipe calls for fresh, but I didn't have any)
- 1/4 cup Chopped Basil
Sauté diced onions in butter until translucent.
Then add canned tomatoes, tomato juice, chicken bouillon, sugar, pinch of salt, black pepper and stir.
Bring to a near boil, then turn off heat. Add in sherry and cream and stir.
We all know if it contains heavy cream, it's probably good. Add in parsley and basil to taste.
Fry up some grilled cheese of your chosing. I used muenster slices on country white bread. Natalie suggested sourdough, but my damn grocery store didn't have it.
This meal tasted like cold weather. So cozy and delicious! I'm ready for fall and sweaters and pumpkins!!
XO Autumn Van Weir