I was given some amazing love (not sexually) by awesome Michelle over at twentynine, my first blog stop of the day before I even write my own posts! If you enjoy my genius and wit you'll love Michelle...so go on! Go see her! This Versatile Blogger Award is awesome and I'm quite excited to have peeps in the blogging community. This stuff is more work than you readers think!
First rule- I have to tell you 7 things about m'self. Seems like I talk a lot about myself, but you all know I'm fine with that:
1. I HATE bananas. The smell of them induces my gag reflex. I can't stand the mealy texture, the over done flavor and the smell of someone else eating a banana makes me wonder if they're insane. If I walk into my mom's house and she has ripe bananas in her kitchen *shudder*, I can call it from the doorway. "Do you have rotten bananas in here?" and they all laugh. Thanks for the support, guys.
2. I listen to a lot of hip hop. I scream "Indie music". I'm aware of that. But the truth is, nothin' gets me dancin' like Big Poppa or Jay-Z. I listen to pop, rock etc as well. But if you stole my iPod (which I don't recommend. It's on the fritz) you'd find probably 70% of it is hip hop. I love Taylor Swift, Coldplay and the New Kids. But not like I love Jay-Z and Lil' Wayne.
3. I have no "at rest" face. People are always telling me to smile. Or asking why I'm "making that face". I'm not pondering the apocalypse (usually)...I'm just existing. I am always making some kind of expression and it's NOT intentional. Leamme alone.
4. I wake up every night at least 6 times. I fall asleep like you struck me with a sedative dart as soon as I lay down at night. but I am habitually up again at least 6 times even if just to roll over. And one of those times is ALWAYS at 3:38 and 4:30 ish. That didn't help matters when I saw "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" and learned that 3:30 is historically the hour which people are possessed. Thanks, Hollywood. I'll rest easy.
|IMDB, aka the bible|
5. I started college as a theater major. Say whaaat? I know, I'm hardly dramatic *tosses hair to the side*. That is how my college experience began. With hopes of a career I would inevitably fail at because I'm far too lazy for auditions and scared of rejection. I ended up with a pre-law degree and near straight A's by the time I chose my major correctly. Silly 18 year olds. I'm happy where I am on this career path. I like security. And I wear a suit pretty well.
6. I can't leave the house without makeup on. I won't, I should say. I did once recently. Last October after being brought to the ER with the worst migraine of my life. And that's only because I couldn't open my eyes all the way to put the makeup on. I care a lot about how I look and I am convinced if I look good I won't run into anyone I don't want to see.
7. I could eat pizza for every meal. Gourmet food is amazing. I have developed a love for cooking that I never thought I'd have. But I'd still rather have you bring me pizza to my door. Delicious, hot, topping covered pizza. Always worth every calorie and being "too full" for another bite. And then I take one anyway.
The OFFICIAL rules of the award are:
-Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
-Tell your readers 7 things about yourself.
-Give this award to up to 15 recently discovered bloggers.
-Contact those bloggers and tell them the exciting news!
My picks are some established bloggers, but I think my followers would enjoy them and I don't miss a day without checking for their posts!
Between the Lines care of Whitney
Style in the City by Ivana
Breakfast with Tiffany from Tiffany
tastes like red courtesy Amy
They all have way more followers than I do and I appreciate the inspiration!
Thanks again to Michelle!! Have a wonderful loooong weekend. I'm almost off to Philly!
p.s. For my blogger friends...how do you "reply" to comments via email? Am I just stupid and don't get it? help.