Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The day after tomorrow

   The end of the world as we know it. That's a lie. But I am without power and lights etc. We fought that by watching "The Day After Tomorrow" last night on my fully charged laptop. It's all a little too familiar...floods, hurricanes, heavy and quick snow storms...tornadoes! My husband said last night "well we've had an exciting 5 months of marriage so far!" and he's right! Lord only knows what will happens next!

   Until then we are sleeping on the floor in the living room next to the fireplace to stay warm. Cats included. Showered at work last night. All I could think of was it was Halloween and how someone could come in and murder me and it would take my guards a while to notice. I'd be showering carelessly, enjoying the warm water. The lights would go out. "Hello? Is anyone there? Someone's in here!" No answer. A shrouded figure appears...Shudder. It didn't help matters that I put a brown hoodie up over one of the doors and it looked like a hooded figure through the glass door. Duh, Autumn.

Fingers crossed when I drive home tonight some of this will be cleaned up:








OK but that one is gorgeous...so no complaints!

Minus that whole "end of the world" fear...




I hope all of you have power and are staying warm!!!

5 comments:

  1. Be safe out there! I love the snow too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is now a bad time to tell you we went Trick or Treating last night in shorts??

    ReplyDelete
  3. ICK this happened to us 5 years ago! Surprise October blizzards are no fun! Well I hope you stay warm and that the power is back on soon. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, that is terrible you are still without power!
    I can't believe all the storms and outages these past few months... i think more than a few people are starting to believe it's the end of days.

    I don't know how I would be if I lost power for another week. I'd probably freeze to death.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe there is snow already! We are supposed to get some too...too early for that!

    ReplyDelete