Monday, April 16, 2012

Titanic

This weekend was, of course, the 100th anniversary of the Titanic sinking. I went to see the re-release in the theater on Friday (so awesome to see it on the big screen again, btw). There was a lot of news and documentaries this weekend which complimented the film nicely. One thing stands out in particular. I have my opinions, but I'd love to hear yours!!

Cruise departing from South Hampton, UK, tracing the actual route of the Titanic 100 years ago. They're calling it a memorial cruise. People wore period clothing, ate the same meals and observed silence when they passed the actual site of the wreck.

I have been fascinated by Titanic since I was a kid. I have found totally varied opinions on this particular memorial. Thoughts?
I think I may be leaning towards "that's kind of awesome".

No comments:

Post a Comment